Google Chrome remains the most popular web browser of all, accounting for more than half of all browser usage to date. It’s not difficult to see why it is ubiquitous. Chrome integrates seamlessly with your Google account. It has a robust set of features, a growing extension ecosystem, and an extensive array of mobile apps. And it even blocks ads that do not conform to industry standards.
For many small- and mid-sized businesses (SMBs) in Florida with modest budgets, Chrome is the best browser of choice. Many of its extensions are helpful tools for running a business, and they’re free to use. Should you not like one, simply replace it with a similar extension until you find the one that fits your needs best.
With more than 180,000 extensions available on the Chrome Web Store, there’s plenty to choose from. Fear not; you need not wade in blindly. Here’s a list of the top Chrome extensions that will help keep your business productive. Remember, these are our recommendations. Ultimately, your needs will determine which extensions you’ll use extensively.
Top Chrome extensions that will help keep your business productive
How to improve productivity?
A person’s productivity depends on whether they accomplish their tasks on time. The following Chrome extensions will help you stay focused while working on your computer:
- Todoist – This popular to-do list task manager allows you to collaborate, keep track of projects, and remind you of tasks. Is it effective? Over six million users say so.
- TickTick – Another task manager to consider is TickTick. You can customize the organization of your to-do list, classifying tasks as recurring, for collaboration, for reordering, etc. And it conveniently converts your Gmails into tasks with just one click.
- Toggl Button – Are you easily distracted? Toggl Button will track the time you spend on any web tool you use, be it Trello, Google Drive, Salesforce, etc.. You can then analyze the data to see where you spend too much time on, and adjust your behavior accordingly.
- CrankWheel – Sometimes it’s simpler and faster to show what’s on your computer when explaining things to clients, customers, bosses, and fellow employees. CrankWheel allows you to share your screen with anyone, even those who don’t have the extension.
- AdBlock – Use this popular Chrome extension to stop ads from distracting you from your tasks.
Want to be better organized?
If you have several tasks or functions on your plate, you will need the following extensions to keep you organized.
- Evernote Web Clipper – Come across an important URL, an interesting article, recipes on the web, or eye-catching images? With this extension, you can easily clip, save, and revisit them later. While there’s a paid version, the free one is enough for simple note-taking.
- Momentum – Sometimes you just need an extra push to keep your momentum going. With this extension, every time you open a tab you’ll see your to-do list, an inspiring quote, and an uplifting photo to help you focus on your tasks.
- Drag – If you’re using Gmail, this extension’s for you. It allows you to organize your inbox into easy-to-view lists (e.g., “To Do,” “Doing,” and “Done”). You can see your priorities at a glance.
- Hiver – Managing email inboxes can be tedious and time-consuming, especially with shared support or sales email. With Hiver, you can manage your shared accounts from within your primary Gmail inbox. Say goodbye to switching inboxes forever.
- Pocket – Similar to Evernote Web Clipper, this extension lets you put aside articles, videos, or websites for later. And during your free time, you can bring them out of your Pocket queue.
How to manage email better?
On average, American employees spend 209 minutes checking their email on a workday. That’s almost 3.5 hours of your day. Here are several extensions to help you manage your email.
- Inbox When Ready – If you get easily distracted by never-ending emails, then this extension hides your Gmail inbox until you’re ready.
- MixMax – Especially helpful for email marketing, this extension tracks your email and generates data analytics of your email campaign. Aside from knowing which of your emails are read or trashed, MixMax can also help you write emails faster, personalize bulk emails, schedule email campaigns, embed surveys, and more.
- Hunter – Finding leads for campaigns is the tedious first step in online marketing. Hunter makes this task easier by seeking out all email addresses associated with any website — with just one click!
- Boomerang – You can program when to send or receive emails at your convenience. You can also track your sent emails and know if the recipient has read it, even if they aren’t on Gmail.
Maximizing your limited resources is crucial for SMBs. You want your IT network to run smoothly 24/7, especially now that a lot of work is done online due to the coronavirus pandemic. If your SMB is in Tampa, Sarasota, or Orlando, you’ll want to partner with HERO Managed Services. We have the expertise and experience to ensure your IT is more productive, your systems are more secure, and your tech-related stress is minimal. Contact us today for a free IT consultation. With us, you’ll always have a HERO by your side.